Tips and Reminders for Your Xerox Device
Let’s discuss a few tips and reminders for your Xerox printer or multi-function devices.
Having trouble accessing CentreWare Web Internet Services (CWIS) or Embedded Web Services (EWS)?
If you are not able to access or web services or you receive an error message when doing so, check out these tips:
- Restart the browser
- Use a different web browser. For example, if you are using Firefox, try using another browser such as Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Microsoft Internet Edge.
- Try testing your network connectivity with a Ping command.
- Check to make sure that your device is connected to a network either through an Ethernet cord or wirelessly and has a valid IP address. Neither CWIS or EWS are supported when using your printer as a local printer via USB.
- If an error is displayed, try refreshing the page.
Using Google Cloud Print
Due to the coming end of Google Could Print on December 31, 2020, there are no future updates or changes coming for the program. Therefore, you will need to find a different cloud print application. If you are still currently using Google Cloud Print, here are a few tips:
- Make sure that you have registered your printer with Google Cloud Print.
- Check to verify that the firmware/software on your device is up to date with the latest version. You can find the latest version under the Drivers and Downloads tob on the support site for your model of printer.
- If you are having issues when registering your device with the Google Cloud Print, check to make sure that HTTPS is enabled on your device.
Keep Your Device Clean
While cleaning your device is very important to make sure that your printer is able to operate smoothly, it is especially important to maintain cleanliness standards due to COVID-19 in order keep yourself and workplace safe and clean. Please review the Xerox Print Device Cleaning Guidance Site for further procedures and assistance.
Please note that the comments section of this blog is not a way to get technical support for your device. Please use the Xerox Support Engage Application, the online support or contact us today at 719-645-4550 for questions regarding your Xerox device.